Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 12 ounce calf's liver in 1/4"-thick slices
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â All-purpose flour as needed
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lrg garlic clove chopped
- 1/4 c. canned beef broth
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle liver with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Heat butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in liver and saute/fry till crisp and golden brown, about 3 min per side for medium. Transfer liver to plates.
- Add in garlic to skillet; stir 30 seconds. Add in broth and vinegar and boil 1 minute, scraping up browned bits. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over liver; sprinkle with parsley.
- This recipe yields 2 servings;
- can be doubled.
- Comments: A popular entree in Tuscany, and throughout Italy. Our quick version would go well with tagliatelle with herbed tomato sauce and steamed baby zucchini. Offer biscotti and Vin Santo (Tuscan dessert wine) afterward.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 55g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||94%|
|Total Fat 8.73g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.51g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.28g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|