Cost per recipe $9.56 view details
- 4 c. water
- 1 c. quick cooking yellow or possibly white grits, uncooked
- 2 c. (8 ounce.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. lowfat milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound pork sausage, cooked & liquid removed
- 1 c. (4 ounce.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits. Return to a boil; cover, reduce heat and cook 5 min, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and add in 2 c. Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients, stirring till cheese melts. Stir in a small amount of grits mix into beaten egg; add in to remaining grits mix, stirring constantly.
- Spoon half of grits mix into a lightly greased 8 inch square baking dish; top with sausage. Spoon remaining grits mix over sausag.e Cover and refrigerate8 hrs. To bake, remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 30 min. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 min. Sprinkle with 1 c. cheese. Bake 5 more min. Yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1890g|
|Calories from Fat 2324||76%|
|Total Fat 261.11g||326%|
|Saturated Fat 128.01g||512%|
|Trans Fat 0.95g|
|Total Carbs 13.04g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|