- 3 Italian Chicken or Turkey Sausages, casing removed and formed into bite sized meatballs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 3 cups broth, chicken or vegetable, low sodium and low fat
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp each fresh rosemary and fennel
- 1/2 tsp each marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- Brown the meatballs, you may have to add a teaspoon of the oil. Remove meatballs after they brown and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil, onions, celery and the carrots. Cook until onions are transparent, then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the herbs, potatoes, broth and water. Cook until potatoes are soft.
- Add the meatballs and spinach. Cook this until meatballs are heated through and potatoes are cooked.