Cost per serving $0.99 view details
- 1/2 c. sun-dry tomatoes minced
- 12 ounce Warm italian sausage casings removed
- 3Â 1/2 c. lowfat milk not low-fat
- 8 lrg Large eggs
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1Â 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grnd black pepper
- 11 slc white bread (crusts removed) cut in 1" pcs
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c. packed grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- 1. Place sun-dry tomatoes in medium bowl. Pour sufficient boiling water over to cover. Let stand till softened, about 15 min. Drain
- 2. Saute/fry sausages in heavy medium skillet over medium heat till cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 min. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to paper towels and drain well.
- 3. Butter 13X9X2-inch glass baking dish. Whisk lowfat milk, Large eggs, thyme, salt, and pepper in large bowl to blend. Add in sun-dry tomatoes, sausage, bread, onion, and Parmesan cheese and stir to blend. Transfer to prepared dish. Cover and chill at least 4 hrs or possibly overnight.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375 F. Bake strata uncovered till puffed and golden, about 45 min. Sprinkle with mozzarella and goat cheese and bake till mozzarella melts, about 5 min. Transfer pan to rack and cold 5 min. Sprinkle with parsley.
- NOTES : This do-ahead brunch dish makes excellent use of leftover bread.
- Add in a layer of salsa and Monteray Jack cheese for a Southwest flair; or possibly replace the sausage and sun-dry tomatoes with some sauteed onions and Guryere cheese for a French twist.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 112||30%|
|Total Fat 12.53g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.63g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.96g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|