Very easy and quick.
Wide egg noodles can be substituted for the lasagna noodles.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
Cost per serving $1.29 view details
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese (drained)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (9 oz) pkg. no-boil lasagna noodles
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes, drain well.
- Add half of the spaghetti sauce to ground beef in skillet and mix well. Pour diced tomatoes evenly over ground beef.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg in a small bowl and mix well. Spread evenly over tomatoes. Top with layer of lasagna.
- Layer the remaining spaghetti sauce and remaining lasagna in the skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low. Cook, covered, until lasagna is tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with mozz. cheese. Cook, covered for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- **To ensure that the lasagna noodles cook thoroughly, spread a piece of waxed paper over the skillet before topping with the lid. This prevents steam from escaping.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 278g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 176||51%|
|Total Fat 19.52g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 7.39g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.6g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|