This rustic seafood stew will warn the heart and soul.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Servings: 5 servings
Cost per serving $2.00 view details
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 (16 oz) cans chopped tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Plantation Blush Wine ( Williamsburg Winery)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into chiffonade
- 1 pound raw shrimp, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cooked sets of crab legs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 tilapia fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3-5 pinches Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt ( by MacCormick)
- In large saute pan put the olive in and let it get hot over medium-high heat (between 6 & 7 for those with numeric dials on their stoves). Add the onions and saute until translucent, then add in the garlic and do the same.
- Move the contents of the saute pan to the crock pot and add in the tomatoes, stock, wine, basil and bay leaf. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes add in the seafood, cover again and cook for the last 30 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||53%|
|Total Fat 12.53g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 1.83g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.44g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|