Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 8oz cream cheese
- 2 cups grated feta cheese
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 6 cups Maseca corn flour
- 2 cups water
- Mix all filling ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix the dough ingredientsand add more flour little by little mixing until the dough is pliable. Dough should be thick enough to make a beautiful smooth ball. If flour sticks to your hands, add more water.
- Preheat a flat pan on medium heat, pan is hot enough when drops of water dance on pan.
- Make a ball of dough the size of a plum, mold it to resemble a little "bowl"
- Put 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture in the center of the "bowl"
- Close the dough carefully making sure all the cheese is covered
- Flatten with a tortilla press (can be purchased or improvise by using 2 plates!) Make sure pupusa is no thicker than Â¼ in.
- Cook for 4 minutes each side.
- Remove and let cool on paper towels.
- Traditionally served with curtido
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 182g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 233||70%|
|Total Fat 26.34g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 15.73g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.3g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|