Cost per serving $1.32 view details
- 8-10 tomatillos, husks removed, washed, cored, quartered.
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 6 scallions, chopped, whites snd smoe green parts
- 2 tbs. corn or olive oil
- 1 tbs. cilantro
- 1-2 roasted, seeded jalapenos, chopped
- pinch salt
- optional: chicken broth to thin salsa, if needed, or sour cream
- Saute garlic and onions in oil in a saucepan.
- Add other ingredients, turn heat on low, cover pan.
- After 5 minutes, check the mixture.
- The tomatillos will soften. Mash them and continue cooking until they are completely soft.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Process until smooth in a blender.
- If sauce is too hot for you, add sour cream.
- Keep in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 213g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||20%|
|Total Fat 1.77g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.24g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.64g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|