Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- 2 x fresh California chiles - (to 3)
- 7 x garlic cloves
- 4Â 1/2 c. water divided
- 1 lrg onion or possibly 2 medium thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 can whole tomatoes - (28 ounce)
- 8 x jalapenos stems removed
- 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon pwdr
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Roast the chiles over a stove-top flame or possibly a few inches beneath a broiler till charred, 4 to 5 min. When the chiles have cooled, peel off the skins and remove the seeds. Shred the chiles and set aside.
- Blend the garlic and 1/2 c. water till smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the onion in oil over medium heat till tender, 8 to 10 min. Add in the flour and cook 1 to 2 min more. The mix will be thick.
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes with their juice, the jalapenos and bouillon pwdr and blend till pureed. Add in to the onion mix. Add in the garlic mix, the remaining 4 c. water and salt to taste. Boil about 30 min. During the last 10 min, add in the shredded chiles.
- Use this sauce with chiles rellenos, huevos rancheros, chilaquiles and other dishes.
- This recipe yields 8 1/2 c..
- Yield: 8 1/2 c.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 87g|
|Recipe makes 17 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||71%|
|Total Fat 2.44g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.19g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 2.25g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|