Cost per serving $3.06 view details
- For mustard-herb butter
- 5 Tbsps unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tsps grainy mustard
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- For lentils
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- For salmon
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 2 Tbsps unsalted butter
- For mustard-herb butter:
- Stir together all ingredients with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- For lentils:
- Bring lentils, water, and 3/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a heavy saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until lentils are just tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, then drain lentils.
- While lentils cook, chop leeks, then wash . Cook leeks in butter in a heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add lentils with reserved cooking liquid to leeks along with 3 tablespoons mustard-herb butter and cook, stirring, until lentils are heated through and butter is melted. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm, covered.
- For Salmon (while Leeks cook):
- Pat salmon dry and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides, then sautÃ© salmon, turning once, until golden and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Serve salmon, topped with remaining mustard-herb butter, over lentils.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 467g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 236||43%|
|Total Fat 26.23g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 7.09g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.65g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.7g||49%|