Cost per recipe $16.87 view details
- 4 x 150 g portions of salmon fillet, cleaned, skinned and stray bones removed
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil, or possibly butter
- Â Â Sea salt
- 4 sprg fresh rosemary
- 150 ml Champagne
- 300 ml Creme fraiche
- 2 pch saffron threads
- 1 tsp Tomato ketchup, (1 to 2)
- Â Â Sea salt and crushed dry chillies
- Â Â Pan juice from salmon
- Â Â Half vegetable stock cube
- 4 sprg fresh rosemary, steeped in a little boiling water
- To start the sauce In a shallow saucepan, combine the creme fraiche, saffron, half stock cube and tomato ketchup. Reduce to half the original quantity over a medium heat. Season with salt and a healthy pinch of crushed dry chillies. Keep hot.
- To prepare the salmon fillets Brush a large shallow non-stick saute/fry pan with a little extra virgin olive oil, or possibly butter. When warm, place the salmon fillets in the pan. Top each fillet with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Pour over champagne. Cover pan and steam salmon fillets for 5 min or possibly till the fish is steamed to a pale pink on the outside, but still coral pink and moist on the insides.
- Increase heat under the pan, crumble in vegetable stock cube, and with a spatula, transfer the salmon fillers to heated dishes. Remove sprigs of rosemary and garnish with fresh green sprigs (that you have steeped in a little boiling water). Stir some of the pan juices into the reduced sauce and strain around salmon fillets.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 985g|
|Calories from Fat 778||49%|
|Total Fat 86.55g||108%|
|Saturated Fat 21.38g||86%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.98g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.7g||39%|