Cost per serving $4.16 view details
- 12 sht no need to precook green lasagne each one dipped in lukewarm water for a few seconds immediately before using
- 900 gm salmon fillet
- 1 x lemon
- 750 gm spinach-beet">spinach beet or possibly spinach
- Â Â nutmeg
- 1 sm handful of toasted and crushed hazelnuts or possibly flaked almonds
- 15 gm butter.
- 150 ml dry vermouth
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 700 ml fish stock
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 x 568ml carton double cream plus lowfat milk to make 600ml in all
- 1 x generous healthy pinch of saffron threads pounded to a pwdr
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 2 tsp crushed fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 50 gm lightly salted butter
- 50 gm plain flour.
- First make 1.7 litre sauce.
- Boil the vermouth and wine together till reduced to 370ml .
- Heat the butter and cook the flour in it briefly before stirring in the flavourings then the liquids.
- Stir vigorously till the mix is perfectly smooth and comes to the boil.
- Simmer for a few min and check seasoning.
- Cover and set aside to cold.
- Lay the salmon in lightly oiled steamer baskets.
- Season with salt pepper and lemon and cook till just done (about 4 minutesdepending on thickness) restacking the baskets after a couple of min to encourage even cooking. Transfer the fish to a plate and cover with an upturned bowl.
- Skin and flake when almost cool.
- Steam the spinach and squeeze it dry. Season with salt pepper nutmeg and mix with the nuts.
- Choose a dish 8 to 9cm deep in that four sheets of lasagne can be laid neatly side by side.
- Spread a little of the sauce over the base.
- Lay four wetted sheets of lasagne over it and spoon some sauce over them.
- Cover with the salmon and the juices which collected on the plate as it cooled and cloak with more sauce.
- Wet four more sheets of lasagne and lay them side by side in the dish.
- Spread them with a little sauce. Arrange the spinach and nut mix on top and mask the green blanket with more sauce.
- Lay the final four wetted sheets of lasagne on top and spoon on the remaining sauce in a good deep layer. Dot with flakes of butter.
- Bake close to mealtime at 225 degrees C/425 degrees F/gas mark 7 for 5 min then for about 25 min at 200 degrees C/400 degrees F/gas mark 6 till the surface is bubbling and burnished with gold.
- Let the lasagne settle for 5 min at room temperature before serving with warm crusty bread.
- Ordinary soft leaf spinach will do quite well here but spinach beet or possibly so called everlasting or possibly winter spinach gives even better results.
- Serves 8
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 403g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 325||62%|
|Total Fat 36.62g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 16.45g||66%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.46g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|