Cost per serving $1.39 view details
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Â¼ red onion (or 2 shallots), chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, cleaned well, white part only chopped
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp palm (or soft brown) sugar
- 4 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- a good handful of roasted peanuts. chopped (optional)
- Process the garlic, red onion, lemongrass, ginger, lemon juice, sugar and fish sauce with a good slurp of oil until well combined. Taste for seasoning.
- Then cut the chicken wings in half, discarding the tips, and toss the chicken in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight would be even better), tossing now and again.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 200Â°C fan forced (220Â°C normal).
- Transfer the chicken with any marinade to a baking tray, adding a little more oil if needed, and cook in the oven for 25-30 mins, turning now and again.
- Serve the chicken sprinkled with chopped peanuts and lime wedges on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 140g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 152||62%|
|Total Fat 16.88g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4.44g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 4.87g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|