A savoury chicken dish which goes well with mashed potato, rice or pasta.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Cost per serving $3.06 view details
- 2-3 large chicken breasts chopped into 1 inch cubes
- A bunch of fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bouquet garni
- A handful of black peppercorns, ground
- 1oz (tablespoon) of butter for frying
- 1oz olive oil for frying
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock cube, dissolved in half a pint of hot water
- 1 tablespoon of either double cream or creme frais
- Heat the oil and butter gently in a wok or saucepan
- Add the garlic and sliced onion and fry for a few minutes until lightly cooked
- Add the chicken and continue frying for a further 2 minutes until the meat takes on a bit of colour
- Add the flour and stir quickly to stop from sticking to the pan
- Add the stock cube dissolved in water and keep stirring quickly to dissolve any lumps that may appear
- Add the bouquet garni and half the chopped, fresh sage
- Stir and then put a lid or foil on top of the pan.
- Cook for 16 minutes on a medium heat and then remove the lid.
- Add the rest of the sage and the cream or creme frais, stirring all the time to avoid curdling.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Finally, add the ground black pepper, stir and serve
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 394g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 288||55%|
|Total Fat 32.42g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 7.75g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.21g|
|Total Carbs 20.94g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|