Cost per recipe $2.21 view details
- 5 Tbsp. butter, at room temp.
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. (3 ounce)semisweet chocolate pcs, melted
- 4 x egg yolks
- 1/2 c. + 1 Tbsp. flour
- 5 x egg whites
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees . Grease & lightly flour a deep 8" springform pan.
- Cream the butter, add in the sugar gradually & cream till fluffy. Add in the chocolate & mix thoroughly, scraping the bottom of the bowl several times. Add in the yolks 1 at a time & mix well after each addition. Stir in the flour till no particles show.
- Beat the whites till stiff but not dry & gently fold them into the batter till no white shows.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan & bake on the lower rack of the oven till the cake shrinks from the sides of the pan & rebounds to the touch when pressed gently in the center, or possibly about 1 1/4 hrs.
- Let the cake stand 10 min on a rack before turning out of the pan. (the cake will shrink slightly on cooling.)
- Turn the cake out on the rack, turn right side up & let if finish cooling.
- Stand the rack & cake on wax paper & spread the top of the cake with jam. Pour any desired chocolate icing over the cake & spread it quickly to coat the top & sides.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 359g|
|Calories from Fat 885||54%|
|Total Fat 102.88g||129%|
|Saturated Fat 64.12g||256%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 195.05g||52%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.8g||56%|