This is a print preview of "Royal Icing for Cut Out Cookies" recipe.
Royal Icing for Cut Out Cookies Recipe
The perfect icing for decorating cut out cookies.
|Prep time: 15 minutes
Goes Well With: Aunt Martha's Gingerbread Cookies, halloween cut-out cookies
5 Tbsp. Meringue Powder
1/3 cup or more water
1 lb. (approx. 4 cups) powdered sugar
- Combine sugar and meringue powder in stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, set on low speed.
- Add water, drop by drop and mix 5 minutes until spreading consistency.
- Note: Use less water for piping.
- Put icing in small bowls and add food coloring, if desired. Blend well.
- Spread on cooled cookies and sprinkle with decorations.
- Let frosting harden (overnight if possible).