Cost per serving $1.22 view details
- 4 x skinless boneless chicken breast halves 4 ounce each
- 1/2 lb rotini pasta cooked and liquid removed
- 1/2 lb fresh thin green beans trimmed and cut
- 1 x cucumber peeled, seeded, and
- Â Â diced 1/4 inch
- 1 c. fat-free salad dressing prepared
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp dry dill weed
- Â Â freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced fresh radishes
- 3 c. finely shredded Boston or possibly bibb lettuce
- Â Â baguette slices crisped
- Â Â or possibly 9-grain dinner rolls, warmed
- 1. Heat the grill. When the fire is ready, spray oil on the grid. Grill the chicken breasts 4 min per side. Remove, thinly slice, and set aside in a bowl. Add in the cooked pasta and toss.
- 2. Cut the beans to same length as a cooked rotini. slice them lengthwise if thick. Cook the green beans till tender, drain well, and add in to the pasta. Add in cucumber, salad dressing, orange zest, herb, pepper, and radishes.
- 3. Distribute the salad greens to six plates and apportion the pasta salad over the greens. Serve at room temperature with bread. As written: 242 cals, 3g fiber, 2.5g fat, 9%
- CHANGES AND TEST RESULTS: We decided on a fat free salad dressing which had three basic flavors: thyme, lemon, mustard. Added fresh garlic. We halved the amount of chicken and cucumber; we used fresh thyme and basil instead of dry dill. After marinating for 8 hrs, we cooked the chicken for 4 min on the George Foreman grill. We also cooked the marinade from the bag, adding the juice from 1/2-large orange. To which we added dressing from the bottle to measure 1/3-c. total. We assembled the salad and poured the dressing over it (the herbs were not cooked). We got two meals for two people: not quite 2/3 was served as a main course. The other 1/3 was served as a side dish with soup. Just the chicken, as revised: 319 cals, 3g fiber, 2g fat (5% cff).
- COMMENTS: Very light, refreshing salad. Ideal for a picnic, packed lunch or possibly buffet: it will not spoil. Can be served cool or possibly at room temperature or possibly warmed. Since we had a little trouble keeping the salad on the fork, we added about 2 Tbsp. of a fat-free peppery-ranch style salad dressing the second night, on the patio, with pea soup and crackers. - Hannemans 05/09/2000
- Description: "Grill, grill pan, or possibly electric grill."
- NOTES : The taste depends upon the salad dressing. We used a fat free lemon, thyme, mustard "Vinaigrette."
- This recipe is very low in fat and makes a great salad. The chicken breasts may be broiled and then sliced.
- pasta salad with chicken (foreman), green beans and radishes. Refreshing and tasty with the citrus. You may want to use a thicker dressing as we did on the reruns.
- There are two recipes here. the original and our comments.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 106||28%|
|Total Fat 11.99g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.22g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 51.41g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|