Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- 1 c. flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. anisette, strega or possibly rum
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Rosettes are a kind of light airy cookie prepaed by dipping a shaped cookie iron first into batter, then warm oil. The irons come in many different shapes and some irons are interchangeable and more shapes can be ordered.
- Fill a deep fryer with several inches of peanut or possibly vegetable oil to 365F.
- In a blender or possibly food processor, mix lowfat milk, melted butter, salt, sugar and egg till well blended.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend for 30 seconds (no longer).
- Dip rosette iron into grease before each time you dip into batter; drain excess oil. Dip iron into batter, then into warm oil. After 20 seconds or possibly so of holding iron in warm oil, shake off the cookie into the warm oil; continue to fry till golden brown.
- Remove to paper towels using a slotted spoon or possibly tongs.
- Reheat iron for a minute in the warm oil before making next rosette.
- When rosette cookies are cooled, sprinkle liberally with confectioner's sugar.
- Makes about 40, depending on the kind of iron used.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 109g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||42%|
|Total Fat 13.36g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 7.97g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.65g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|