Cost per recipe $1.51 view details
- 8 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1-1/3 cups flour - if using wondra there's no need to sift. If using bleached all purpose it needs to be sifted into the cup and leveled off without taping the cup and packing in more flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder, preferably Rumford
- 1-3 ounch package of cream chesse, cut into 4 pieces and chilled
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Food Processor Method:
- Process flour, salt, and baking powder to blend.
- Add cream cheese and process until coarse.
- Add butter cubes and pulse until peanut size.
- Add cream and vinegar and pulse until butter is the size of small peas.
- Scrape dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Use latex gloves or cover hands with plastic bags and press dough until it holds together in one smooth flat disc.
- Wrap, and refrigerate 45 minutes before rolling.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 321g|
|Calories from Fat 921||60%|
|Total Fat 104.87g||131%|
|Saturated Fat 65.53g||262%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 128.18g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|