Cost per serving $1.82 view details
- 1 env Active Dry Yeast
- 6 Tbsp. Hot Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Lowfat milk, Lukewarm
- 1/2 c. Butter, Melted, then Cooled to Room Temperature
- 5 x Large eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1 x Orange Rind, Grated, (Approx. 2 Tbs.)
- 3 c. All-purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1Â 1/4 c. Water
- 2Â 1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1Â 1/3 c. Rum
- Sprinkle the dry yeast over the hot water in a large bowl and stir till the yeast is dissolved. Let stand for 5-min. Add in salt, sugar, lowfat milk, butter, Large eggs and orange rind to the yeast and mix till batter is smooth.
- Gradually add in the flour to the batter and continue to mix thoroughly till the batter is smooth and shiny. Cover the bowl with a clean, damp kitchen towel and let rise in a hot place till the batter has doubled in volume, approximately 1-hour.
- Generously grease a ring mold or possibly bundt pan. Beat the risen dough for 2-min and then transfer the dough to the baking pan. Let the batter rise, uncovered in a hot place till it has doubled in volume, again.
- Approximately 30 to 35-min. Batter should now reach the top of the mold or possibly pan.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 352g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 180||19%|
|Total Fat 20.45g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 11.22g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 146.71g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|