Cost per serving $3.85 view details
- 5 lb chicken with giblets - (2500grams)
- 1 x peeled and crushed large clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. kosher or possibly coarse salt - (5ml)
- 1 Tbsp. paprika - (15ml)
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - (60ml)
- 1 c. dry white wine - (250ml)
- Â Â Stuffing
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil - (60ml)
- 3 x large peeled and minced yellow onions
- 2 x peeled and chopped large clv garlic
- 1/4 c. lard (hog lard, not
- Â Â Chicken giblets
- 1/2 lb grnd lean pork - (250grams)
- 4 c. soft bread crumbs - (1000ml)
- 4 x hard-cooked Large eggs, shelled and minced
- 1/2 c. coarsely minced green and
- 1 Tbsp. paprika - (15ml)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley - (60ml)
- 1 Tbsp. sage - (15ml)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grnd black pepper - (2.5ml)
- Remove giblets from the chicken and wrap loosely in plastic food wrap and set aside in the refrigerator till ready to use. Remove any excess fat from the body and neck cavities of the chicken and throw away.
- In a bowl combine garlic, salt, paprika and a 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, mix together till mix is smooth. Rub marinade over chicken, inside and out. Place chicken in a shallow bowl, cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 F - (225 C)
- Spoon the stuffing into the neck cavity first; enclose the neck by skewering the neck flap against the back of the bird. Then spoon stuffing lightly into the body cavity, skewer the opening shut and then truss the bird.
- Rub the chicken with 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and place the chicken, breast up on a rack which is in a large shallow roasting pan. Place the roasting pan in the oven to roast uncovered for 20 min.
- Lower heat to 350 F, (175 C) and brush the chicken with 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and roast uncovered again for 30 min per lb., brushing with the last Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil midway through the roasting time. When the stuffed chicken has only 40 min remaining to roast pour in white wine.
- Serve roasted stuffed chicken with stuffing wreathed around the chicken and garnished with green and black olives. Note the pan dripping act as perfect gravy.
- Sever and enjoy!
- Stuffing:For the stuffing, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet, add in minced onions, garlic and hog lard and saute/fry till the onions are glassy.
- Mince chicken giblets and add in to skillets with onions. Reduce heat and add in grnd pork and cover to let steam for approximately 20 min.
- While giblets and grnd pork are cooking combine breadcrumbs, Large eggs, olives, paprika, parsley, sage, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Once the skillet mix has cooked for 20 min add in it to the breadcrumb mix and mix well.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 710g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1079||56%|
|Total Fat 120.35g||150%|
|Saturated Fat 32.25g||129%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.34g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|