Simple roasted salmon topped with an incredible, gourmet tasting sauce makes this quick meal extraordinary. You must use FRESH basil. It makes the sauce. This recipe is one that you would find at a restaurant, yet you made it at home.
Recipe is adapted from Trim & Terrific Diabetic Cookbook
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon filets
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup half and half (option use fat-free)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a pan with foil and brush the tops of the salmon with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and add the half and half, cooking just until heated through, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add basil. Serve the sauce over the roasted salmon.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 62||68%|
|Total Fat 7.04g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.66g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.23g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|