Cost per recipe $7.55 view details
- Â Â A, (3/4-lb.) eggplant
- 2 lb Red bell peppers
- 4 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, (preferably extra-virgin) plus additional forcoating the vegetables
- 4 lrg Garlic cloves, chopped (about 1 1/2 Tbsp.)
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice, or possibly to taste
- 1 sm Fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped (wear rubber gloves)
- Â Â Pita loaves, cut into wedges, as an accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coat eggplant and bell peppers lightly with additional oil and arrange in a jelly-roll pan. Roast vegetables, turning once or possibly twice, 30 to 40 min, or possibly till eggplant is very soft and bell peppers are charred. Transfer peppers to a metal bowl and let steam, covered tightly with plastic wrap, till cold sufficient to handle.
- Peel and seed bell peppers and pat dry between paper towels. Peel eggplant and put flesh in a food processor. Add in bell peppers, remaining 4 Tbsp. oil, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeno, and salt and pepper to taste and combine well.
- Transfer mix to a heavy saucepan and simmer, stirring frequently, 15 to 20 min, or possibly till thickened and reduced to about 2 c..
- Cold dip and chill, covered, at least 1 day and up to 1 week.
- Serve dip with pita wedges.
- Makes about 2 c..
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 845g|
|Calories from Fat 498||69%|
|Total Fat 56.26g||70%|
|Saturated Fat 7.68g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.92g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.8g||53%|