Cost per serving $3.69 view details
- 2 lb Pork loin
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 x recipe Spaetzle Basic Dough see * Note
- 1 lb Bacon small diced
- 2 c. Julienned yellow onions
- 1/2 c. Red wine
- 1 c. Veal reduction
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Fresh parsley see * Note
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- For the pork loin: Season the entire loin with extra virgin olive oil and salt. In a warm saute/fry pan, sear the loin for 1 to 2 min on each side. Remove from the pan and crust the loin with the cracked black pepper. Place in a roasting pan. Roast the loin for 25 to 30 min for medium. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 min.
- For the spatzle: In a warm large saute/fry pan, render the bacon till crispy, remove the bacon from the pan. In the bacon fat, saute/fry the onions for 2 to 3 min. Mix in the prepared spatzle and saute/fry for 2 to 3 min. Stir in the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the loin from the pan and place the pan directly on the stove burners. Scrape the pan drippings from the edges of the pan. Deglaze with the red wine and veal reduction. Add in the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the pan dripping sauce over the bottom of the platter. Mound the spatzle in the center of the sauce. Carve the loin and fan around the spatzle. Garnish with parsley and Emeril's Essence.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 396g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 911||80%|
|Total Fat 101.22g||127%|
|Saturated Fat 32.29g||129%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.61g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|