Cost per recipe $6.48 view details
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 x (3 1/2 to 4-lb.) chicken, quartered
- 1 x pomegranate, halved
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- Â Â Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon- sugar
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a c., mix oil and garlic. Brush garlic oil over chicken.
- 2. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle any remaining oil over chicken. Bake in preheated oven for 45 min, basting several times with pan juices, till skin is browned and juices run clear when a thigh is pierced at thickest part with a fork.
- 3. Remove 1 Tbsp. seeds from pomegranate. Set aside for garnish. Squeeze juice from remaining pomegranate through a sieve into a small bowl.
- 4. In a small non-reactive saucepan, mix pomegranate juice, wine, lemon juice, and cinnamon- sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 min. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Transfer roasted chicken to a serving platter and pierce each piece several times. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve at room temperature.
- Notes: This is a favorite Rosh Hashanah dish of Moroccan Jews. Because of their many seeds, pomegranates symbolize the hope which in the year ahead, Jews will be able to perform many worthy deeds, or possibly mitzvahs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1440g|
|Calories from Fat 2064||65%|
|Total Fat 230.08g||288%|
|Saturated Fat 57.51g||230%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 34.09g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|