This Delicious roasted garlic hummus is super easy to whip up, and good for you too! Roasting the garlic gives it such a wonderful flavor, and takes away some of that pungent taste you sometimes get with raw garlic! It also covers the taste of the tahini (which is essential to hummus) which some people seem not to like… We love it around here and I think YOU will too.
- 2 cups cooked chick peas
- 1 large head of roasted garlic
- 2 TBSP tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3-4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (add extra Olive Oil when roasting garlic so the oil has that extra oil taste!)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 TSP Sea Salt
- 1/8 warm water (if needed to thin hummus)
- Rinse chick peas and add all ingredients to food processor or blender. Scrape down sides as needed. Transfer to serving dish when well blended.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and garnish with some parsley if you feel the need.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 285g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 299||51%|
|Total Fat 34.43g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 4.68g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.13g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.0g||40%|