Cost per recipe $2.85 view details
- 4 lrg Garlic cloves
- 1 med Zucchini
- 3/4 c. Packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 c. Packed fresh flat leafed parsley
- 1/2 c. Water
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- I found this sauce recipe in Gourmet magazine this month:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Wrap garlic cloves tightly in foil. Cut Zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices and season with salt and pepper. Put foil wrapped garlic and zucchini on a baking sheet and roast in the middle of the oven till garlic is tender and zucchini is pale golden brown (about 15 min). Unwrap garlic and cold. Have ready a bowl of ice water. In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch basil and parsley 10 seconds and drain in a sieve. Refresh herbs in ice water to stop cooking and drain in sieve.
- (Sauce ingredients can be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and kept separately, covered and chilled.)
- In a blender, blend garlic, zucchini, herbs, water, and lemon juice till smooth, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 1 c..
- Heat and serve over rice or possibly pasta.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 326g|
|Calories from Fat 3||9%|
|Total Fat 0.41g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.42g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|