This is a beautiful dish that's big enough for a dinner party of 4 and makes for a great centerpiece over the holidays. The stuffing is optional, but I think it adds something to the presentation. It's really easy to make as well.
- 1 5lb Rocky Jr. Chicken (or organic equivalent)
- 5-6 small creamer potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 stick butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes in half, carrots into about 1 inch pieces, and cut onion into medium chucks. Mix together in a medium bowl with olive oil, and about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Use you hands to really mix it all together.
- Saute on high heat for about 5 minutes. Return to bowl and add rosemary.
- Place cleaned and dried chicken in a roasting pan. Microwave the butter until liquid and brush the entire bird. Liberally sprinkle salt over the buttered chicken.
- Stuff the potatoes, carrots, onions and rosemary into the chicken cavity. Any remaining vegetables should be placed around the chicken.
- Heat your gas grill to 425 degrees. I did this by just starting one side of the burners and closing the lid. Place the roasting pan on the side of the grill that doesn't have the fire going. Cook for about 2 hours.
- I don't suggest you baste the chicken - the outside should be golden brown and crispy.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 322g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 266||59%|
|Total Fat 30.24g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 15.66g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.71g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||25%|