This was the winning chicken dish in a cook off. If you like a colorful, tasty dish and don't mind the flavor of dill and vinegar then you'll love this one. Don't cross it off because of the vinegar, you'll love it I am sure.
There are two recipes to this dish, marinade and dish recipes.
- Marinade; 1 cup EVO(extra virgin olive oil), 2 TBSP. Lemon juice, 1/4 cup of Apple Cider, 1 TBSP crushed garlic, 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper then Dill..
- Chicken; 4 boneless chicken breasts flattened to same thickness, 6 plum tomatoes. 5 zucchinis, 1 tsp. Kosher salt, 1 tsp. sugar, dill, 1 cup apple cider, 1/4 cup EVO, 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese,
- 1/4 cup chopped Basil leaves, 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Convection oven to 325 deg.
- Vinegarette; mix all ingredients in a gal. size zip lock bag and add chicken. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate while preparing the remaining ingredients. Cut tomatoes into 4 wedges each, cut zucchinis into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces and put this in a large non metalic bowl. Place vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, dill and EVO and mix well. Add vegetables to this and allow to sit and marinate while chicken marinates. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a suitable dish or pan and roast roast 20 minutes. Turn once and after turning, remove the vegetables from marinade and return to oven for remainder of the time. About 4-5 minutes before time is up, check chicken for clear juice and if so add all the mozzarella cheese and return to oven. As soon as cheese is melted remove and tent for about 3 minutes while you prepare to serve. Then enjoy
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 97g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||40%|
|Total Fat 3.52g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.02g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 4.46g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|