This is a delicious way to serve ripe, juicy summer tomatoes. Roasting them reduces the tomato liquid to a glaze. They are delicious with any grilled meat or other vegetables.
- 6-8 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Cut the top 1/4 inch off of the tomatoes and put them in an oiled casserole dish. Evenly sprinkle the oil, sugar, salt and pepper over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 75 minutes. There should be juice in the pan and the tomatoes should be browned and glazed.
- Place the dish over medium-high heat on a stove top. Cook until the liquid in the pan forms a glaze.
- Serve immediately or any time later. Equally delicious hot or at room temperature.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||40%|
|Total Fat 2.64g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.37g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.27g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|