Cost per serving $0.80 view details
- Â Â Ravioli:
- 2 x butternut squash halved and seeded
- 1 pch cinnamon
- 1 pch nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced orange zest
- 2 tsp chipotle puree
- 1/4 c. finely minced parsley
- 1/4 c. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 4 sht pasta dough 12-14" long by 4" wide
- 2 x Large eggs mixed with 2 tbsps. water
- Â Â Minced chives
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place squash on a baking sheet and roast till soft. Scoop out flesh and run though a food mill. Place the puree into a medium saucepan and cook over low heat till almost dry. Add in the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lay a sheet of pasta dough on a lightly floured work surface and distribute a heaping tsp.-sized portion of the filling at least 2 inches apart. Use your fingertip or possibly a brush to moisten the edges of the pasta sheet with the egg wash.
- Carefully place a second sheet of the pasta dough on top of the first and press with your fingertips to separate the rows of filling. Repeat with the remaining dough. With a ravioli cutter or possibly pastry wheel, cut along straight lines on the vertical and horizontal to create each ravioli square. Press the edges closed with your fingertips to seal well. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully drop in the ravioli and cook for about 5 min. Drain, plate and spoon butter sauce over and garnish with finely minced chives.
- Brown Butter Sauce:2 sticks unsalted butter1/4 c. coarsely grnd hazelnuts1/4 c. heavy cream8 sage leaves, chiffonadeSalt and freshly grnd pepper
- Heat butter in a medium saute/fry pan over medium high heat. Add in hazelnuts and cook till the hazelnuts are golden. Add in the heavy cream and cook for 1 minute. Add in the sage and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Yield: 4 servings
- ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI WITH SAGE, HAZELNUT AND BROWN BUTTER SAUCE
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 79g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||46%|
|Total Fat 7.39g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.36g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.8g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|