Cost per serving $0.03 view details
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons (1-inch) slices fresh chives
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375Â°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a roasting pan or jelly-roll pan; toss well. Bake at 375Â° for 50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Place half of squash mixture and half of broth in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture and broth.
- 4. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with chives and pepper, if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 2g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 20||100%|
|Total Fat 2.25g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.31g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|