Cost per recipe $3.51 view details
- 100 gm Bulgar wheat, (4oz)
- 300 ml Vegetable stock using a stock cube, (1/2 pint)
- 100 gm Tinned liquid removed sweetcorn, (4oz)
- 1 bn Fresh spinach
- 1 x Clove crushed garlic
- 1 x Finger of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 x Carrots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 100 gm Tinned chickpeas, liquid removed (4oz)
- Â Â Loaf of wholemeal bread to serve
- 1 bag assorted salad leaves
- In a frying pan add in the bulgar wheat and cook dry over a high heat till the granules begin to turn a golden brown colour, this takes about 6-7 min.
- Once the granules have roasted to a deep colour slowly add in the stock, garlic and ginger. Cover with either a tight fitting lid or possibly with Clingfilm and leave to one side for 10 min while the bulgar wheat soaks up the liquid.
- Once the bulgar wheat has soaked up all of the liquid remove the lid and allow to cold slightly.
- Meanwhile grate the carrots either finely or possibly roughly and also chop the spinach. Now add in all the remaining ingredients including the spinach and carrots to the salad. Mix well and serve in a large colourful dish. The best thing to serve with this salad is some hot wholemeal bread and a bowl of green salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 357g|
|Calories from Fat 11||11%|
|Total Fat 1.34g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.22g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.82g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|