Cost per serving $0.14 view details
- 1 leg of lamb (boneless)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Vino Cotto (vincotto)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Remove lamb from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to roasting. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Coat a roasting pan and rack with non-stick spray.
- Rinse lamb well under cold water. (NOTE: If the lamb comes in a sack made of string, do not remove it. Leave the sack on and remove when done roasting.)
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a skillet. Over the skillet, generously season all surfaces of the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb in the skillet and sear all sides over medium-high heat to brown the surface. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the lamb onto the rack inside the prepared roasting pan. Cover and roast for 25-30 minutes per pound. Using a meat thermometer, remove from the oven when the internal temperature reaches between 160-165°F.
- Remove from oven and let the roast sit for about 15 minutes before carving.
- A few minutes before serving the lamb, add vino cotto and corn starch into a small sauce pan. Whisk together until the corn starch is mostly dissolved.
- Over low-medium heat, continuously stir the vino cotto mixture using a stainless steel spoon. Bring to a slow boil and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat when a thin coat of vino cotto adheres to the spoon when lifted. Transfer thickened vino cotto to a gravy boat.
- Garnish sliced lamb with drizzled vino cotto and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 10g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 90||98%|
|Total Fat 10.13g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.61g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|