Cost per serving $8.94 view details
- 4 oz French or Sour Dough bread
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 boned chicken breast halves (skin on)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves or 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced ripe tomatoes
- 8 oz of arugula, rinsed and crisped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cut bread into 1 inch pieces, spread on shallow baking pan, and bake at 450. Turn occasionally with spatula until bread is crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Put bread into a wide bowl, drizzle with 1 Tbsp vinegar and 2 Tbsp olive oil, mix to coat.
- Put pinenuts in a small frying pan over high heat and shake until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a small bowl.
- Rinse chicken and dry. Rub a small pinch of salt under the skin of each breast. Pat thyme and two teaspoons garlic equally onto skin side of chicken. Put chicken skin side up in baking dish previously used for the bread. Bake at 450 about 20 minutes until no longer pink in the middle.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp vinegar, 2 Tbsp oil, 2 tsp garlic, and green onions to the frying pan. Stir over med-high for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir until hot...about 2 more minutes. Put arugula in bowl with bread; pour tomato mixture from the pan over the arugula. Add pine nuts and mix.
- Spoon salad onto plates and put a chicken breast half on top of each.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 312g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 285||55%|
|Total Fat 32.21g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 6.19g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 22.07g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|