Cost per serving $1.20 view details
- 1 x butternut squash cut into wedges and deseeded
- 2 x red onions peeled and quartered
- 6 x cloves of garlic unpeeled
- 4 sprg thyme
- 4 x bay leaves
- Â Â sea salt and black pepper
- Â Â extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/2 lt chicken stock
- Toss the wedges of butternut squash (or possibly other densefleshed pumpkin) quartered red onions unpeeled garlic cloves thyme bay leaves salt and pepper with sufficient extra virgin olive oil to coat. Then scatter all of it across a baking tray and roast for about 30 min at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 till soft.
- Scrape the flesh of the squash from its skin into a processor along with the onions (saving if you choose to a few roasted petals for serving) the garlic popped from its skin and the thyme leaves pulled from their stems.
- Then process with the chicken stock to make a thick colourful soup.
- Serve in bowls or possibly in roast baby pumpkins (these will take about 45 min depending on size) decorated with roasted onion petals.
- Alternatively you could serve with goldenseeded puff pastry caps.
- Just stamp out small circles (to fit your bowls) from prerolled puff pastry. Then brush with egg and scatter with a little sea salt toasted sesame cumin and onion seeds and bake till golden brown.
- Roasting the deep orange fleshy butternut squash and blending it with the chicken stock makes a wonderfully thick meal of a soup.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 443g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 6||10%|
|Total Fat 0.64g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.19g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.21g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|