Cost per serving $2.62 view details
- 200g dried cannellini or haricot beans, soaked in cold water overnight + drained, or use a 400g tin ready-cooked beans, drained + rinsed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 courgettes, cut into 5mm ribbons
- 1 small punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- For the dressing:
- a bunch of basil
- Â½ garlic clove, crushed
- 100ml olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Put the drained beans in a large pan, cover with fresh water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for an hour or so until tender (no need to do this if you are using cooked, tinned beans).
- Drain, season to taste and dress with 2 tbsp olive oil. Toss the courgettes with the remaining olive oil and grill on a ridged griddle pan (or under a hot grill) until tender and lightly charred.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and whiz until smooth.
- Gently mix the beans, tomatoes and courgettes together in a large bowl and add enough basil dressing to coat. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
- Recipe (c) Riverford Organic Vegetables
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 292g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 392||91%|
|Total Fat 44.38g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 6.17g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.46g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|