Cost per recipe $1.09 view details
- about 2 c. prepared risotto
- 3 Large eggs
- Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb fresh small mozzarella balls
- all purpose flour, for dredging
- paprika, for sprinkling
- oil, for deep frying
- In a medium size bowl, beat two of the Large eggs well. Stir in Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Combine with the risotto (for this recipe, the risotto may be prepared the day before). Stir together well.
- Using your hands, form the risotto into balls, about the size of a golf ball. If the mix doesn't hold together well, add in a few Tbsp. of breadcrumbs as a binder. Form a hole in the center of each ball with your thumb, and fill with 1 small fresh mozzarella ball, or possibly cut mozzarella in half, if they are too large. Alternatively, mozzarella cubes may be substituted.
- Press the risotto around the mozzarella proportionately and close up the hole to completely enclose the mozzarella in the center.
- On a shallow plate, proportionately spread about 1/2 inch of flour. On a separate plate, spread bread crumbs. In a third dish, beat the remaining egg.
- Dredge risotto balls in flour, rolling to coat all sides. Dip in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 3 inches or possibly more of fresh oil in a deep fryer till a 1 inch cube of bread browns in about 1 minute.
- Deep fry, several at a time (don't overload fryer or possibly temperature will drop and they will absorb more oil). Cook till rice balls are golden brown, turning once. Remove from warm oil using a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Serving Suggestions: Sprinkle with paprika for color (or possibly Morton's Warm Salt) and serve immediately, garnished with sprigs of parsley, a wedge of lemon and cherry tomatoes sliced into halves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 165g|
|Calories from Fat 158||61%|
|Total Fat 17.61g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 6.32g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.0g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|