The aroma, sweetness & royal colour of mango blended with spices, coconut oil & sour curd makes it the king of all dishes. Aboslutely royal and stunning dish from God's Own Country the greener of green India - Kerala!
- Ingredients :
- Ripe Mango - 3 Nos (flavourful & sweet mango variety of your region)
- Sour thick buttermilk - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Red chillies - 4 nos
- Peppercorns - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 3 tsp (or to taste)
- Tempering :-
- Coconut Oil - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Slice the mangoes with skin. Remove skin from few pieces and keep it aside. this we are going to use at the finishing stage of the dish for garnishing.
- Boil mango pieces with skin (this will emit complete flavour of mango) adding 2 and 1/2 tea cups of water, salt and turmeric powder. Once cooked, remove skin from the mango pieces and let it cool separately.
- Dry roast Fenugreek (methi) seeds till they turn light brown in colour, powder it using mortar & pestle (or prepare and powder it in large quantity & store in an air tight container to use in khadis & other preparations)
- In a small pan, heat 1/2 tsp coconut oil and roast the red chillies (this will give nice flavour to the dish)
- Grind coconut, Cumin seeds, Red Chillies, Peppercorns together adding water to a smooth paste (you can use the water in which mango is boiled)
- Mash the boiled mango pieces and add the ground masala paste to it, add sugar, roasted fenugreek seed powder and boil
- Add the thick & sour buttermilk & cook on medium flame stirring continuosly for 4 min or till foam forms on top.
- Remove from flame and temper with mustard seeds & curry leaves in coconut oil and add to the dish.
- Now add the saved ripe mango pieces to garnish the dish.
- Tounge tickling royal pulissery is ready to make you drool :p
- Mezhukupirati / mezhukuvarati is the best side dish for this. Fried Kerala Urad Papad is added bonus!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 108g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||39%|
|Total Fat 4.14g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 3.46g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.63g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|