Cost per serving $0.58 view details
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 TBSP boiling water
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 TBSP finely grated orange peel
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- Spread sugar evenly over bottom of a heavy skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and turns a light caramel color.
- Carefully, add 3 tablespoons boiling water stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into an ungreased quiche dish or 10 inch glass deep dish pie pan or 8 inch (2 quart) square baking dish.
- Tilt to evenly cover bottom; set aside.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until thoroughly blended.
- Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place baking dish in a large pan. Pour 1 inch hot water into large pan.
- Bake 40 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture is almost set or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 hour; refrigerate 1 hour. Run knife around outside edge to loosen; turn upside down onto a 12 inch round serving plate with raised sides to hold liquid.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 110g|
|Recipe makes 13 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||28%|
|Total Fat 7.75g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.19g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.53g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|