I have adopted this recipe from a cooking show by Farah Jehanzeb. I tried this recipe first time 3-4 years back and instantly fell in love with it. And when my young niece and nephew demanded that they want some more, I felt really happy. Over the years, I have tried this recipe repeatedly and every time it turns out perfect. The thing that I like best about this recipe is that instead of cocoa powder, it uses melted chocolate, which gives it a very moist texture (unlike that of dry, cake-like brownies that are sold at some bakeries!), and the better the quality of chocolate, the better and rich is the taste of brownies. They taste great both alone or served with ice cream. This is a tried and tested recipe, so feel confident in trying it out. I hope it turns out as good as mine. I will be looking forward to the feedback.
- Castor Sugar 100 gm
- Eggs 3
- Butter 50 gm
- Baking Chocolate (good quality) 200 gm
- Cream (fresh or canned) 100 ml
- Flour 75 gm
- Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
- Essence 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Walnuts (optional)
- Cocoa powder (for sprinkle)
- Chocolate Sauce
- (Adapted from Bakefresh)
- Cocoa Powder 3 tbsp
- Icing Sugar 6tbsp
- Butter 1 tsp
- Milk 2-3 tbsp
- In a double boiler (a smaller pan, placed inside a larger pan holding water), add butter and chocolate and let them melt on medium flame.
- In another pan, beat eggs till fluffy.
- Add sugar and essence and beat again.
- In a separate pan, sieve baking powder and flour.
- Once, the chocolate is melted, remove it from stove and add cream to it and mix well with a whisk, till the two are combined well.
- Add this chocolate mixture in the egg mixture and beat will mixed.
- Also add the dry mixture and salt, and beat till everything is combined.
- If desired, add crushed walnuts.
- Pour mixture in an 8 inch square (or brownies) pan lined with wax paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180C or till a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Top with chocolate sauce and walnuts or dust with chocolate powder or icing sugar and cut into neat squares of desired size.
- Chocolate Sauce
- Mix all well and cook on low flame for a little while until its sauce like.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 69g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 83||36%|
|Total Fat 9.46g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.48g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.19g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|