Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- Basmati Rice 1 cup
- Milk 2 Â½ cups
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Saffron threads a big pinch, soaked in warm 1 tablespoon of milk
- Cashew nut/Kaju, Almond/Badam, Pistachio/Pista a handful each
- Cardomam/Elaichi powder Â½ teaspoon
- Soak the rice in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a saucepan, add the drained rice with milk and set on low flame to cook for 15-20 minutes. Keep stirring and avoid the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the rice is just cooked, add all the other ingredients and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add more Â½ cup milk if you like a runny Kheer or just follow the recipe for a thicker version.
- Serve warm or cold, garnished with the nuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 48||13%|
|Total Fat 5.35g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.94g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 68.91g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|