Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 2 c. (500 ml) diced celery
- 2 c. (500 ml) water
- 1/4 c. (60 ml) plus 2 Tbs (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 med onion, finely minced
- 1 c. raw rice, preferably Arborio
- 4 c. (500 ml - 1 L) chicken, beef, or possibly vegetable stock
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
- Â Â Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Â Â Minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Combine the celery, water, and 1/4 c. (60 ml) of the extra virgin olive oil in a pot over moderate heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 15 min. Remove from the heat and set aside without draining. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil in a large pot over moderate heat.
- Saute/fry the onion till tender but not brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer about half the cooked celery to the pot containing the onion and saute/fry 2 or possibly 3 min. Stir in the rice and cook for 2 min, stirring frequently. Add in the stock and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, puree the celery mix, including the liquid, in an electric blender or possibly food processor. Strain and add in it to the soup.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and simmer uncovered till the rice is tender butstill hard, 15 to 20 min. Serve garnished with Parmesan and minced parsley.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 231g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||2%|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.11g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.56g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|