Cost per recipe $0.82 view details
- 2Â 1/2 c. 1/2 inch rhubarb pcs, fresh or possibly frzn
- 2 x egg yolks
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2 x 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- Â Â pie dough for 9 inch pie plate, top and bottom
- Method:1. Beat egg yolks to a thick froth. Gradually beat in the sugar, flour, and melted butter or possibly margarine. If using fresh rhubarb, use 3 Tbsp. flour; if using frzn rhubarb, only use 2 Tbsp.. Stir in rhubarb pcs.
- 2. Dump rhubarb mix into an unbaked, chilled pie shell. Cover filling with top crust. Flute and vent the pie.
- 3. Bake on bottom rack of oven at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 min, then at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 min. Cold somewhat before cutting.
- Makes 1 - 9 inch pie
- My ex-mother-in-law used to make this for me. It's not a lowfat milk custard type, and it's not like a regular rhubarb pie. It's just fantastic!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 261g|
|Calories from Fat 105||10%|
|Total Fat 11.98g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.37g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 235.74g||63%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|