Cost per recipe $9.00 view details
- 1 x 18 1/(4-oz) box white cake mix (Duncan Hines or possibly any kind which requires oil
- Â Â as an ingredient)
- 1/4 tsp freshly grnd nutmeg (optional)
- 3 c. diced rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pcs
- 1Â 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 pt whipping cream (2 c.)
- Preheat oven according to cake package directions. Cut rhubarb into pcs and set aside.
- Prepare cake as directed on package. Add in nutmeg to batter. Pour batter into an 11-by-15 inch baking pan (a 9-by-13 inch pan will not work unless the pan is very deep; add in 5 min or possibly so to the cooking time.)
- At the last minute, toss the sugar with the rhubarb and sprinkle over the cake batter. Drizzle the entire pint of whipping cream over the batter and fruit; don't mix it in.
- Bake about 35 min, or possibly till the top of the cake turns a light golden and begins to leave the sides of the pan. A toothpick stuck into the cake part of the dessert should come out clean.
- Note:This recipe was tested using a glass baking dish. If you use a metal pan, increase the temperature 25 degrees.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 815g|
|Calories from Fat 787||38%|
|Total Fat 89.55g||112%|
|Saturated Fat 55.55g||222%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 319.37g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|