Cost per serving $1.93 view details
- 12 Tbsp. chilled unsalted butter cut up
- Â Â Butter for ramekins
- 1 c. all-purpose flour plus
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 6 c. rhubarb cut into 1/2" pcs
- Â Â (2 lbs or possibly 6 large stalks)
- Â Â Juice from 1 orange
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 x vanilla bean (scraped of its seeds)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter six 8-oz ramekins (or possibly a 2 1/2 qt shallow casserole) and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and oats. Using a pastry cutter or possibly 2 knives, cut in the chilled butter till mix comes together into clumps, about 4 to 5 min; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine rhubarb, juice, zest, and vanilla seeds. In a small bowl combine sugar and cornstarch, sprinkle over rhubarb till just coated. Pour 1 c. rhubarb mix into each ramekin, and top with 1/2 c. crumb mix. Bake till the rhubarb is tender to the point tip of a knife, about 30 min (or possibly about 40 min for the casserole).
- Transfer from oven to a cooling rack. Let cold slightly and serve hot with whipped cream flavored with a dash of cinnamon, vanilla ice cream, or possibly strawberry jam.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 213g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 214||45%|
|Total Fat 24.35g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 15.28g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 63.55g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|