Crispy Italian Cookies...
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Servings: 36 cookies
Cost per serving $0.23 view details
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter,chilled, cut in cubes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles a coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in the slightly beaten egg and vanilla gradually while mixing. Continue to mix until smooth and soft.
- Break dough into small pieces and roll each piece between the palms of hands to form 2 inch lengths.
- Flatten slightly and roll in sesame seeds.
- Place on greased (or lined with paper) cookie sheets about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 F / 180 C for 18 minutes, or until cookies turn brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely ,then store them in an air-tight container.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 36 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||45%|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.79g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.26g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|