It doesn't get easier than this, nor more delicious. It is light and refreshing. I love it with a cup of soup, whatever kind you like.
To make it even easier, I buy slices of breaded eggplant from a very good deli. Be sure they are sliced thin. If you'd rather fry your own (or bake them) I included a quick recipe at the bottom of the "directions"
- 8 slices of breaded eggplant, sliced thin
- 6-8 slices of fresh mozzarella, must be fresh and sliced thin
- 8 thin strips of roasted peppers, from a jar is fine
- 2 rolls--portuguese roll , a hard round roll, or a large Cuban roll just be sure it is a wide and hearty roll
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- garlic powder
- Split open the rolls
- Pull out a bit of the soft center of roll
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on both sides of the roll
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder
- Layer 4 slices of eggplant on each roll
- Layer 3-4 slices of mozzarella on each roll
- Layer 4 thin strips of roasted pepper on each roll
- Close the roll and Enjoy!
- If you want to start from scratch:
- **Cut eggplant in thin slices and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Dip eggplant slices in beaten eggs, then coat with seasoned bread crumbs. Fry in oil until golden brown or bake at 375 uncovered for 15 minutes...turn over and bake another 15 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1973g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 224||31%|
|Total Fat 25.65g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 13.72g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 104.87g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 57.1g||190%|