Cost per recipe $2.46 view details
- 6 ounce chicken cut bite size
- 1/2 c. coconut lowfat milk
- 4 ounce Thai eggplant (small round eggplants)
- Â Â (substitute with green peas)
- 5 x fresh kaffir lime leaves - (to 6) shredded
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. palm sugar
- Â Â Oil for cooking
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste - (to 3 tbspns)
- Cut the chicken up, then briefly fry the curry paste till fragrant, reduce the heat, add in the coconut lowfat milk slowly, and continue to stir while cooking till a thin film of oil apppears on the surface.
- Add in the chicken and other ingredients except the eggplant. Bring to a boil and cook till the chicken begins to change color. Adjust the flavors to suit yourself. When it is at a boil again add in the eggplant and continue until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over Thai jasmine rice, or possibly in a serving bowl with other Thai dishes.
- Comments: The Thai name of this dish literally means "warm chicken curry". There is a very similar recipe for a green curry (Gaeng Khiao Wan Gai).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 294g|
|Calories from Fat 218||52%|
|Total Fat 24.65g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 11.21g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.45g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|