Cost per serving $0.28 view details
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 slices bacon, cut into Â½ inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Â½ tsp. dried thyme
- Â¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Â½ cups home-cooked red beans, plus 1 Â½ cups bean cooking liquid
- Â¼ tsp. hot sauce (such as Texas Pete)
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- To bacon fat in skillet, add onion, celery, garlic, Cajun seasoning, thyme, and salt. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in red beans and reserved cooking liquid, cooked bacon, and hot sauce. Cook 3-5 minutes longer, or until beans are heated through.
- Serve beans over hot cooked rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 65g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||26%|
|Total Fat 4.74g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.54g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.91g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|